I just signed into WordPress and found a comment notification by Hey Sugar Sugar, saying that she nominated me for the ‘Sisterhood of the World’ Bloggers Award. Let me just say, for me, this is the absolute best thing that could have happened. i started blogging two months ago and saw many excellent bloggers who had these award proudly displayed on their sites. And oh how I longed for one!
So without further ado, here goes:
Here are the rules for the award:
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer 10 questions.
3. Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
1. Thank you SO so much, Hey Sugar Sugar, for considering me for nomination. When I started this blog, I never thought I’d be nominated for an actual award, so no matter how small it seems to other people, this is a huge deal for me. I’m beyond myself in excitement, and you made my entire week!
2. The ten questions!
What does your name mean?
My name is ‘Nayab’, originating in Urdu and it means something rare, or precious.
What is your most frightening childhood experience?
Hmm, one of the scariest experiences happened when I was 7 years old, and came home from school to find a black Labrador puppy waiting by the gate. I started running, and he gave chase, which led me to scream endlessly.
What’s your dearest ambition?
Hmm, I’d say its a contest between two ambitions. Opening an animal shelter, or owning my own hugely successful conglomerate. Contrasting a bit, no?
What’s your view on homosexuality?
I believe people are people, whether black, white, yellow, purple, or polka dotted. I have no absolutely no problem with the LGBTQ community, and think humanity is essential, and not sexual preferences.
Do you sing in the shower, and if so, what do you sing?
In the shower I feel rather grandiose, and so I belt out full versions of Adele songs, My Chemical Romance and Katy Perry. Shower head mikes are the best ever!
If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along?
The 5 books I’d take would be the Harry Potter series (I’m categorizing them into one book, to say), White Oleander, Lolita, Wuthering Heights and My Sister’s Keeper.The only two movies I would take would be The Holiday and Girl, Interrupted. People would be my two sisters, best friend, dad and cat. And i’d take allll the food I could possibly get my hands on.
What was your favourite toy when you were a child?
I had this plastic parrot which imitated everything I said. I took that thing everywhere, and it got so bedraggled that its neck came off. Tragic, indeed.
If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be?
It would definitely be ‘The Boy In The Striped Pajamas’. Not because I’ve lived through the Holocaust, but because I’ve felt that tight band of repression on myself. To be a model child, and conform to my mother’s ideals. And I do feel I’ve made a secret best friend on the other side of the fence, who I’m not allowed to play with, because society says so.
What really gives you the creeps?
The thought of swimming down to the bottom of the ocean. And so, the Marianas Trench scares the bejeesus out of me.
If somebody handed you a magic lamp and gave you three wishes, what would they be?
First wish would be for the power to read minds. Second would be for endless wealth, peace and happiness for my parents. And third would be for 20,000 more wishes (greediness).
3. I love reading these blogs, because they’re cheerful, sometimes emotional and nearly always a bright influence on my day. The women who write them are inspiring people, and in fact the first name I mention is the blog that inspired me to start blogging. I love all of them.